Single Parents Debt - Single Parent Mum or Dad with Debts
- Are you a single mum or dad in personal debt?
- Find debt consolidation help for Single Parent Debt problems.
- We help and advise single parents suffering with personal debt problems.
- Single parent debt is on the increase in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
How widespread is single parent debt?
- Three quarters of single parents are using credit to manage their finances leading to an inevitable reliance on credit and debt for single mums and dads.
- Approximately 40% of a single parent survey said they were "always in debt", compared with only 28% of couples.
- Single parents were twice as likely as couples to have arrears on household or consumer credit bills.
- Many single parents are forced to borrow from doorstep lenders and catalogues.
- Almost half of single parents owe money on household bills.
- More than one-quarter of single parent mums and dads do not have a UK bank account. This means many single parent families miss out on direct debit savings.
- Single parents are also more likely to have longstanding debts than two-parent families.
How do I get out of this single parents debt cycle?
- Submit your details online or call our single parent mum and dad debt helpline now on 0800 018 6868 and one of our trained debt advisors will call you back at your convenience.
- This is a no obligation, confidential service.
Help and advice for Single Parent families dealing with debt problems from Lewis Alexander.